Thursday, February 25, 2010

SOTD: RBL Bikini Bottom

Today's Swatch of the Day is Rescue Beauty Lounge's Bikini Bottom. A nice, soft blue.


Rescue Beauty Lounge was a company I was first introduced to about two weeks before they had one of their biggest sales yet. Remember that sale that was right before the new year, where RBL polishes were 50% off? Well I decided to splurge and get a polish I thought would be a bit different for me - a light blue jelly/creme shade.



While I have heard that RBL polishes are known to be creamy smooth and cover in minimal coats, this polish took 3 coats (and when I say three, I mean the last coat was a gloopy mess I tried to paint over two thin coats to speed up the painting process, not something I'd recommend doing).



Verdict on this polish: If you like the jelly/sheer look, go for this polish. It's a soft, light blue shade that reminds me of pool water (think water with lots of Chlorine added). While it needs one too many layers of polish to become opaque, it works if you're willing to take the time to work with it.


Thanks for looking. Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is such a beautiful color - but RBL is way out of my price range right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. RBL is out of my price range too. (That's why I knew I had to splurge at the 50% off sale. But if you sign up for their email, you hear about their sales...hopefully they'll have another soon.) Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I love to hear from everyone that shares a love of nail polish and painter's tape! Please respect my blog and do not leave links in the comments. If you leave a link, your comment will be treated as spam and will be removed.