Sunday, December 25, 2011

Easy Christmas Trees



Last year when I did a shooting star manicure look, April from Concrete and Nail Polish commented that the same look would work well for Christmas trees. I didn't try it last year, but I wanted to try it this year, and I have to tell you - this is the easiest Christmas Tree nail art you will ever do!




Christmas trees for every nail!



image from commons.wikimedia.org





You will need three colors for this manicure. From left to right (all by OPI): Skull & Glossbones, Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow Suede, and Fresh Frog of Bel Air.






A light, neutral shade like Skull & Glossbones is the perfect background for the green of the pine trees that make up Christmas trees. This is two coats with a quick-dry top coat on top.





For Step 2 you will need two strips of blue tape per nail. Using the two strips of tape to form a triangle, where the top of the triangle will not come to the top of your nail (so you will have room to add the star at the top of the Christmas tree).







Step 3 is a repeat of Step 2, but this time you will add the glitter top coat. Fresh Frog of Bel Air makes the perfect glitter top coat for the Christmas tree because the green glitter adds sparkle to the tree, while the silver glitter adds a snow-like look to the tree (or like Christmas baubles that hang on the tree).

Repeating Step 2, cut two strips of tape for every nail, but this time you will start by placing one strip of tape along one side of the tree that was made in Step 2, where the other strip of tape will mark off the other side of the tree, so the glitter top coat will only go over the tree that was already painted on (as shown in the photo above).







Step 4 is to simply add the stars to the top of the trees you have created. If you have the nail stickers Kiss released this Halloween, one of the sets of Halloween themed stickers had a sheet with yellow-gold stars interspersed throughout, and these are the stars that were used for this manicure. If you are going to use jewels or gems for the stars, start by placing a drop of top coat on the tip of the tree before placing the jewel so it sticks. If you are using nail stickers like the ones here, you can skip that step.


After adding the stars to the top of each tree, simply add a top coat to seal it all in, and you have a Christmas Tree for each nail!




Thanks again to April from Concrete and Nail Polish for the great idea! I think it works great as Christmas Trees, and I'm so glad she mentioned it - I don't think I would have tried it otherwise!

So what do you think of this nail design? Does it look like something you'll try? What did you wear on your nails for Christmas?

39 comments:

  1. Awww... what a mega cute nail art design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks just as gorgeous as I imagined! Thanks for the mention too. Hope you had a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just discovered your blog and I love it! I am a new follower :) I must ask, where are you from? I have blogs in my Google Reader arranged in folders by countries, so I'm wondering, where shall I put you? :) Thanks, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great nails and great tutorial, thank you :)

    Hope you don’t mind me posting a link here, I just wanted to invite you to join my nail polish giveaway :)
    http://letspolishsomenails.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-100-followers-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I may have to try it next year. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on Pinterest and it is just, like, my favorite thing ever. I have zero time to attempt nail art, but I feel like I'll actually be able to rock the Christmas trees this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! But where do you get the blue nail tape?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to do this for my nails in few days, because if I do them today I'd have to do them again before Christmas because they would be growing out and bugging me and I'm VERY particular about how my nails look. I'm not doing that color for the background, I'm using Wet n Wild fast dry 'Silvivor' for the background, Très RISK green for the tree, and then the brand PURE ICE sparkles or Wet n Wild fast dry 'Party of Five Glitters', and for the star at the top of the tree I'm using nail art nail jewels from Essence.
    If anyone wants to see them when I'm done let me know and I will take a picture and post it to my Google+ account.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so creative and fun! Your instructions are foolproof, thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such a informative post with us, keep sharing your thought

    Best makeup artist in lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buy health & beauty products , hair care &

    styling , nail care manicure & pedicure, kitchen

    dinner home improvement tools & workshop
    equipment, tablet pc cables and more accessories

    at ebay stor ELIXA

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! I love your nails and I love mine too! Also, I have now taking good care of my skin. I now use Skeyndor's products to take care of my skin and keep it healthy.

    https://www.skeyndor.in/

    ReplyDelete
  14. very beautiful blog! Amazing nail art, thanks for sharing with us. Contact us for Website Designing Company in India

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bedankt voor het delen van dit geweldige stukje inhoud. Je doet geweldig werk, bedankt ervoor.
    De online groothandel voor al uw Medische Producten in Nederland en België. Bij Degros vindt u alle mogelijke pedicure producten voor uw pedicure- of beautysalon. Onze groothandel levert snel en betrouwbaar en vult uw voorraad binnen een dag weer aan.
    Wij bieden manicure, pedicure, medische producten en apparatuur, fysiotherapieproducten, schoonheidsproducten, kappersaccessoires, enz. U kunt ons volledige assortiment pedicure producten bekijken en het meest geschikte product selecteren op basis van uw wensen.
    https://www.degros.nl/pedicure/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the information. To have best Acrylic nails in melbourne CBD visit Qand H Nails Salon and get best services according to you nails.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning reflects the day. Each and every morning opens the door of new chances. Good Morning Status in gujarati

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thnx for sharing such an amazing post ever amazing post.
    Nice Shayari Collection

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the author for his incredible work. I believe Customer relationship management is essential for every business to create a loyal customer base.
    Best School Management Software

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great information in simple easy language that a non-tech can understand. I was thinking of starting a blog but knew nothing about it as to what to do how to do. Now I know all that is needed to know.
    Payroll Software India

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best website to download Web Series movierulz4

    ReplyDelete
  22. Get the latest Movies on movierulz4 for free you can also download movies on this website

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey am tiffiny
    Thanks for Sharing with us this is such a informative blog, here am suggesting you guy's Poxie Creations they gives you Excellent Services for any type of Nails.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We are offering the best wedding mehndi service in lucknow & all types of mehndi designs.
    Mehandi artist in Lucknow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I love to hear from everyone that shares a love of nail polish and painter's tape! Please respect my blog and do not leave links in the comments. If you leave a link, your comment will be treated as spam and will be removed.