Thursday, August 8, 2013

Deborah Lippmann 99 Luftballons



Have you heard the news?  Deborah Lippmann is now at Sephora!  And to celebrate the monumentous occasion, Deborah Lippmann is releasing a 4 polish collection just for Sephora.  There are 3 cremes and 1 glitter polish in this new collection.

When I first heard about this collection, I rushed onto Sephora.com to order the glitter.  Meet 99 Luftballons.

I may have taken a few hundred photos of this polish, but I have narrowed it down to 8 shots to show you how this polish looks first without top coat, and then with top coat.


 no base coat, 2 coats of 99 Luftballons, no top coat

The above photograph was taken in indirect sunlight.


  no base coat, 2 coats of 99 Luftballons, no top coat

The above and below photos were taken using an Ott-lite.


  no base coat, 2 coats of 99 Luftballons, no top coat

The photo below was taken in direct sunlight.  Can you see that great glow from the glitter?


  no base coat, 2 coats of 99 Luftballons, no top coat

And now for the photos taken after top coat:


  no base coat, 2 coats of 99 Luftballons, top coat

In the above photo, you can see how the top coat helps the glitter pop from the jelly red base of the polish.


  no base coat, 2 coats of 99 Luftballons, top coat


  no base coat, 2 coats of 99 Luftballons, top coat


 no base coat, 2 coats of 99 Luftballons, top coat

So what do you think?

Now I have to mention, something that first drew me to this polish was the name.  I love it!  That used to be a song I listened to a lot when I was younger and just wearing this polish gives me a nostalgic feeling.

99 Luftballons is what we've come to expect from Deborah Lippmann: a supremely glitter-packed polish.  The red jelly base is that shade of red that almost borders on pink in certain lighting.  To get a better idea of the type of glitter and the colors held within, think of Happy Birthday with a sheer red base.

I really like this polish - it's sparkly and shiny even in low light, and the red base will make it perfect for any time (including the upcoming Holiday season).

If you want to add this polish to your collection, head over to Sephora.com and add this to your basket! And if you're a Beauty Insider, for only 100 points you can get a mini version of Happy Birthday.  If you have never tried Deborah Lippmann before, now is the time!  You can pick up any Deborah Lippmann shade, and for only 100 points you can snag her most beloved glitter!  The mini size is .27 fl. oz./8 mL, which is the same size as the mini DL's you can buy on HSN.com.  The great thing about these minis are the fact that the bottle is just a smaller version of the beautiful DL bottle, and each bottle is labeled on the bottom just like the regular sized bottles - something that I greatly appreciate!  

Now if that isn't incentive to go buy this polish, I don't know what is!

8 comments:

  1. Hey,
    lovely polish! :)
    Love
    Tabea


    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this polish. Now. *sigh* You are an evil enabler. I ordered the OPI duo the minute I finished reading your post. It's those gorgeous swatches of yours. They are my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, HAHA! I have to admit your comment made me smile when I first saw it (and run out and buy more polish to swatch, since, hey, people are looking at these swatches so maybe it's worthwhile to swatch some more?). Thank you for the great complement! I have always loved looking at your swatches!

      Delete
  3. Looks amazing!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I'm following you on Bloglovin'!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I love to hear from everyone that shares a love of nail polish and painter's tape! Please respect my blog and do not leave links in the comments. If you leave a link, your comment will be treated as spam and will be removed.