Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas with Jingle-icious Mini Lacquers

The Jingle-icious Mini pack of polishes from OPI was a Holiday Exclusive for 2010. I received this set as a Christmas gift and couldn't find any swatches online so I decided to immediately try a skittle/ombre manicure. So here is the last Christmas manicure I had this year: combining all the Holiday polishes into one manicure!




I was quite surprised to not see any pictures of the actual polishes in this set in online photo searches, so I thought I'd share my mini swatches with all of you.




The picture below shows the order in which I had painted my nails. The first polish (on the far left) is Berry Glam Glimmer which was on my thumb and pinkie. The second polish is Merry Magenta which was on my index and ring fingers. The third and final polish (pictured far right) is Wishing for Presents which was on my middle finger.





And here are the swatches. All of the polishes were two coats with no base coat or top coat.


First up is Berry Glam Glimmer (NL 350).




This was a warm red polish. A shimmery shade that leans a bit orange.



Below is Merry Magenta (NL 352).




I was really excited about this polish when I first saw it in the box, because it was like all those glitter/glass-flecked polishes that have come out this past year. This polish almost seems like it was the missing shade to the Burlesque collection that came out for the Holiday, because this is a perfect red shade, not too orange and not too pink, and I don't remember there being a red shade with this finish and color in that collection. (It's a hint darker and more vibrant than Ali's Big Break.)



And last but certainly not least, Wishing for Presents (NL 351).







I thought this polish deserved an extra photo to showcase it's lovely shimmer. The finish on this lacquer was similar to Berry Glam Glimmer since it wasn't a glitter polish so much as a shimmery shade. When painting this on, it was almost a bit brush stroke-y, but it isn't really noticeable in the swatch photo, and if you were going to wear this as a full manicure, I don't think you would have any problems with brush strokes. In terms of the color on this one, it was almost a duo-chrome shade which I tried to capture on camera. In shaded lighting when tilting the nails with palm closed (so the free edge is visible), the center of the nail was a lilac almost periwinkle shade, while the edges of the nail were the pink/magenta shades seen in the photos above. Not very noticeable, but once I saw that I was quite intrigued with this polish.


Overall, I found this was a good mini collection for OPI to release as a Holiday set. While Merry Magenta felt the most holiday-ish with the strong red shade it turned out to be, all three colors are great, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them in full sized bottles (and on this note, has anyone seen these in full sized bottles?).


So that concludes the six days of Christmas manicures. Remember, candy can be Christmas-y too! Skittles manicures with Holiday colors are quite fun and festive.


On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me
eleven pipers piping
ten lords a leaping
nine ladies dancing
eight maids a milking
seven swans a swimming
six geese a laying
FIVE GOLDEN RINGS
four calling birds
three french hens
two turtle doves
and a partridge in a pear tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
twelve drummers drumming
eleven pipers piping
ten lords a leaping
nine ladies dancing
eight maids a milking
seven swans a swimming
six geese a laying
FIVE GOLDEN RINGS
four calling birds
three french hens
two turtle doves
and a partridge in a pear tree.

7 comments:

  1. Acho muito lindos os esmaltes que mostra.
    Lindos!!!!

    bjus.
    http://useihoje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there i tagged you for the stylish blogger award..

    http://nails-4-fun.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    greetings tsiisfamke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, as Tsiisfamke I tagged you for the Stylish Blogger Award here:

    http://polishthis.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors! And, boy am I glad I didn't tag you with the Stylish Blogger Award...you got tagged 3 times! I did, however, tag you with the Versatile Blogger Award!! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have beautiful nails and i love all the colors :)

    http://xcharmed-chickx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I love your blog that's why I decided to give you the Stylish blogger Award -
    (visit my blog to get the details),
    sorry, if you've already received it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails are so pretty i didn't even notice the colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I love to hear from everyone that shares a love of nail polish and painter's tape! Please respect my blog and do not leave links in the comments. If you leave a link, your comment will be treated as spam and will be removed.